Friday, January 25, 2008

Freedom of Choice

So this may be a sad commentary on my life, but for the last hour I have been watching the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency on the Oxygen channel. I was watching with a couple of buddies (we are all straight) and in this particular episode they were having a rally for the PETA organization. I personally have nothing against PETA. I do like eating meat though and I have been known to slip into leather pants on occasion. None-the-less its an organization following what they
believe and that is what America and the marketplace of ideas is all about.

What I do have a problem with is the treatment people receive for choosing to be different than the majority. In this particular episode the models watched a movie provided by PETA about wearing fur and they all decide to join the PETA rally following the motto of "I would rather go naked than wear fur" still I have no problem. Before the rally begins Janice stands up and says any model who doesn't want to participate doesn't have to and the rally is not required. That being said one model, Ligia, steps forward and chooses not to be a part of the rally (knowing that she will continue to wear fur since she is a friggin model!!!). Either way everyone else gangs up on here later and one chick even threatens to "kick her ass". Needless to say one person comes to her side just before she leaves due to the verbal attacks and tries to set things straight.

In response to this episode, i just have to say those of you who think you are better than others due to your views regarding animal treatment, politics, or even what cereal you eat each morning: WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CONSTITUTION!!! This country was based on the ability to have a different opinion and not be singled out!!!

I plan to make a concerted effort in my own life to honor the views of others.

Peace out

PS found this online

Irony at its best

I am not saying she can't change, but a young Janice in all fur....

Respect for others is all I am advocating here...

No comments: